The town is located in central
western Harrison County and originated in 1839 when Fort
Crawford was built by W.C. Crawford.
In 1869 when the railroad crossed a
mile north of the fort, settlers moved to the railroad
and named the new settlement for Elijah Hall, a pioneer
of the section.
The city is located in the piney
woods vegetation area and has loblolly, shortleaf, long
leaf and slash pines, as well as oak, hickory, maple, and
other hardwood trees.
Caddo Legacy Museum-
Features displays of Caddo Indian
pottery, arrowheads, tools, and other memorabilia. Open
Tues. - Sat. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. For information, call
(903)668-3883. At 1-20 and F.M. 450.
championship drag racing is
held Fri. and Sat. Feb. - Oct.; Sun., Nov. - Jan.,
weather permitting. Features the NHRA Winston
Championship each April, For schedule and information,
call (903)668-2858. Located On F.M. 450 north of town.
Lake O'the Pines, Caddo, and Martin