Three Rivers was originally named
Hamiltonburg, this name was later changed to cite
location near confluence of Atascosa, Nueces, and Frio
Nowadays, Three Rivers is a
commercial center for farming and ranching, uranium
mining, and oil refineries. The very first glass factory in Texas was established here in 1913.
During the corresponding seasons,
hunters take deer, quail, and dove.
Opened in 1986, this park features
fishing and boating on the enormous 26,000-acre Choke
Canyon Reservoir, which is an impoundment of the Frio
River. Camping, Test rooms, and picnicking. The town site
of old Calliham is located within this park, features:
campsites, screened shelters, 7-lane boat ramp, rock
jetty, fishing pier, swimming area, fish-cleaning
stations, trails, and concession facilities. There is an
Choke Canyon Reservoir.
Tips State Recreational
A magnificent 31 acre park located
one mile west off the Texas 72 Hwy. On the Frio River.
This Park has camping, fishing, and picnic areas.