Established as county seat of Terry County in 1904;
named for Col. Benjamin Franklin Terry, Confederate
leader of Terry's Texas Rangers. Principal incorporated
town in county, situated at intersection of five highway
routes. Retail, medical, and commercial center for crop,
livestock, and oil producing area.
44 acre recreation site offers picnicking, swimming
pool, playground, and travel trailer campsites available
free for up to four days. South of city limits along U.
S. 62 / 385.
Terry County Historical Museum-
Local heritage displays, pioneer kitchen, artifacts.
Open winter Mon.-Fri. 11a.m-2p.m., Sat. 1-5p.m.; summer
Mon.-Fri. 1-4p.m., Sat. 1-5p.m., Sun. 2-4p.m. in restored
A.M. Brownfield Home, 600 E. Cardwell. (806)637-2467.