Founded as station on St. Louis,
Brownsville & Mexico Railroad in 1906, named for Donna
Hooks, daughter of a town site promoter. Today a retail
center for ranching and intensive agriculture of Rio Grande
Valley; hosts abundant winter visitors,
Donna Hooks Fiekher Museum-
Memorabilia, photos and artifacts from town's
founding; vintage furniture, hand tools, farm and household
articles, restored bar from early-day Blue Goose Saloon.
Housed in historic American Legion Hall (oldest in nation),
3rd block of S. Main. Open Wed. 2:30 4:30 p.m. Sept. - May.